Apply for the Ethnic and Social Equity Standards Advisory Working Group
Act 1 is a Vermont law that brings together the members of the public from different ethnic and social backgrounds and the education community to help tackle bias, discrimination, and inequity in Vermont Schools. The goal is to help schools better support the needs of young people PreK-12th grade who are underrepresented or marginalized such as students of color, Indigenous students, students with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ students. This working group will do the important work of recommending educational standards and policy that support these students.
What is the commitment?
- There are monthly paid Working Group meetings
- There are also monthly committee meetings
- This position term ends June 2023
Who is eligible:
- We are looking to fill one student seat (high school youth grades 9-12) on the working group
- All are encouraged to apply, the only prerequisite is a passion for Vermont education. Training will be provided!
There are several ways you can apply! Pick one!
- Fill out this online form
- Send a letter of intent to answer these questions and send them to email@example.com (limit 2-pages, double spaced)
- Record your answers to these questions: 802-461-6322
- Submit a video response to these questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please apply before July 31st.
Questions about the Process?
Please send questions to email@example.com or to Alyssa Chen, the Chair of the working group at 802-829-1816
To learn more about Act 1 check out this page.